Background

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Gap

It should be known that the Gap is my favorite shopping spot.  If I could only shop at one retail store for the rest of my life I could shop there.  They have casual, classy, and business stuff...the whole lot.  Seth also would shop there forever.  Except his arms are slightly ape-like and a little longer than normal, so it's a problem in the winter.

So, I tried on a pair of jeans in a store recently, but couldn't give in to paying full price.  (Especially not after having worked there in college and getting things for 50 off.)  I feel like I buy more jeans than anything and I wear them out a lot, so I really need some new ones.  These just fit awesome.  100% perfect.  I was in love.   I talked about them the whole day.  Tried to get Seth to take me back.  Pretend this is me:

Lo and behold...two days later I get an email coupon from the Gap.  Thank you very much!  Without hesitation I get online, scoop up a pair and EAGERLY await their arrival.  Then the day before Thanksgiving I'm in the Florence Mall with Seth (one of his 2 shopping trips a year) and the Gap is having AMAZING sales.  I kid you not.  Some sweaters were originally $54.50 and on sale for $20.  I wish I needed everything, but I didn't buy anything.  I tried on the jeans again because they were also on MEGA sale.  $30.  I thought, "I could buy these and return the online ones...then I can have them now!" Seth said that's instant gratification and I don't need them that bad.  So, I still go in the dressing room and try on my size.  The same size I've been wearing for like 5 years.  They would not fit.  Not one . single . bit.  I mean, couldn't even button the button or attempt to zip.  Disaster.

I peel them off my thighs and go look for another size.  No luck.  So, I'm being a major girl and all depressed that I gained weight and I can't have those jeans because they don't have my size anywhere.  Maybe they're mislabeled??

But I had just ordered them and I knew that.  They came yesterday.  I said it was "DOOMS DAY."

And then something wonderful happened.  THEY FIT!!!!!

Thanks a lot, Gap.  You had me on an emotional roller coaster.  But, actually, thanks for making amazing jeans that I love.

1 comment:

jenna said...

julie i miss you and getting to hear your stories in person!! love you a lot :)