Background

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I love surprises

Tonight my sweet husband is taking me on a surprise date.

I mean, I know it's a date, but what we're doing is a surprise to me.  I kinda think I know what it is, but I'm not telling Seth that part.

On Saturday we're going to see the Nutcracker.
The lady I meet with for my Bible Study, Jennifer, is dancing in it and we're going to surprise her.  I can't wait!  I haven't been to the Nutcracker since I was a little girl, but I want to go EVERY year for Christmas.

I also want to go ice skating SUPER badly (I have my own skates).  I've been waiting for the last 5 years (seriously, 5 years) for someone to take me on a date without me initiating.  I talk about ice skating all the time...you think he'd get the hint.  I even ask if my surprises are to go ice skating.  He's clueless.

Seth and I are trying to establish some of our own holiday traditions now and it's really fun that we can plan anything we want.  I seem to have a lot from my family and he has slim to none.  Even though we've been married for a few years we're still trying to come up with our own things.  I love Christmas!!!  You guys have any traditions you love?

No comments: