This morning when I woke up I grabbed my phone and read my email immediately. I always do this. Just because everyone at my work starts one hour before me and I don't want to miss anything that needs to be responded to urgently. Sometimes I'm half asleep and it takes me a few reads to understand what the email says, but that's because I'm SUPER not a morning person. This morning my boss sent an email to all of the sales reps with a subject, "Also..." (he had just sent us a previous email). Like I said, I had to read it a few times to really understand what was going on. Once I did, I realized, "what a great message to read this morning"
In lieu of Good Friday I'll share his thoughts... (I'm sure he wouldn't mind)
"As I was driving in this morning, I wondered about what it was like having all the world abandon you. All your friends run and hide from you. Your family think you lost your mind. To be so hated to the point you were completely despised and alone. To be shamed and receive the guilt of the sin that you never committed. To grieve to the point blood and sweat ran down your forehead. Yet still love those same people enough to willingly be beaten and nailed to a piece of wood so they could be forgiven? I really do not understand that type of love."
I finally (not because I don't love Jesus, but he didn't say anything about Jesus or Good Friday) realized he was talking about Christ and His painstakingly glorious death on the cross over 2000 years ago. It was a great way to wake up and be in the right mindset from the get-go.
Seth and I have been reading through a version of the Bible in a year (although, we're a bit behind) and right now we're in the middle of Moses recounting all of the laws to the Israelites. It is quite repetitive and slightly boring, but I was really able to understand the significance of an Israelites' offering to the Lord. They continue to bring up the fact that the offering must not be blemished. It must be spotless & pure. Perfect. So similar to Christ.
Read Exodus 12 for an account of the first Passover and see if you can pick out any likening to that of the crucifixion of Christ. A few of things I never notice before were:
1. The lambs were taken from the sheep or goats. Just like Jesus was living amongst normal/broken/blemished people.
2. The lambs were to be slaughtered at twilight. Same as Jesus.
3. The lamb's bones were not to be broken. See John 19:36. Just like Jesus.
Right now, I'm trying to dwell on how perfect the Lord's Word is. It is so perfectly interwoven and nothing disputes itself. Today I want to have a grateful heart and a remembrance of Christ's awful journey on this day. I hope you all share the same sentiment!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love all the parallels! the amazing part is, there is probably so many more than we know. :) i like you friend.
Post a Comment