Background

Monday, April 26, 2010

THE BEST EVER!!!!



(Shanie, I know you will love this post.  Minus the bikes stuff.)  

This weekend was awesome.  And nothing exciting even happened.  Actually, I can't believe I'm about to associate the next few sentences with "awesome".  Seth signed up to do a duathlon on Saturday.  It was in Vincennes, which is an hour away at 8am.  EASTERN time.  We actually woke up at 5 and drove up there (because I'm such a good fan), but everyone knows I generally hate the morning.  But I cheered for him and rode my bike around for an hour trying to discover my way around a new town.  Seth did awesome and I was so proud of his improved skills!

I always love to ride my bike, so I was pretty happy already.  But this is when it gets good.  We came home and cleaned up and climbed right into our giant poster bed.  All of the covers were crazy because I "fake" made it the night before, aka, I just threw everything on top and said "good luck".  Perfect.  I wish it looked like this:
West Elm Organic Cotton Pin-Tuck Duvet Cover Cream
Just ultra fluffy and you could get tangled up in all the layers.  I love down comforters and lots of fluffy pillows.


AND THEN!!  It thunderstormed hard core.  TWO TIMES.  It was the best 4 hour nap ever.  The windows were open a little and the breeze was a perfect temperature (unlike today).  I love the sound of rain tapping on our windows and the crack of thunder all around.  I woke up to a big hug and got snuggled for a long time.  I just loved being with my boo and being together.  If I could just "hang out" in bed, I'd do it all day long.  And I don't mean that, you big pervs.

Anyone else nap all day on Saturday!?!?!  Hope you had relaxing weekends and are ready for an exciting week!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I slept in until 10:30 on Saturday - which is way late for me. Then I woke up, ate breakfast, read my Bible and went back to sleep til 1. It was glorious! (Except Derek was working the entire time, so no snuggling)

Shannon said...

i did love this post (minus the bike stuff). you were so right. and i love that you knew i would love it. you know me so well.
thunderstorms...send them my way!!!