Lately I've been trying to implement fading practices into my lifestyle.
Last week I mentioned my love for film & manual photography here. I'm also trying to cut out ways to avoid personal interactions with people. Example one: Go into the bank to cash a check, deposit money, etc. -- instead of going through the drive-thru or the machine. I'm also trying to write more notes and cards instead of emailing or texting. My friend Kari (that I mentioned here) is better at this than anyone I know. I get a card for almost every holiday and often times just at random. She is so good at saying hello, thank you, or just for encouragement and love. I often take it for granted, but I am trying to add it into my lifestyle.
Last week I sent me sweet grandma a note because she had been sick. I included a verse from Philippians for some encouragement and I can't tell you how excited she was. She called me to thank me for my card and the verse. She's the best. :)
I just realize how much people appreciate people taking the time to love them by hand-writing and addressing a note. No, it's not quick, but it is personal. It is intimate. It is an expression of love, gratitude, and appreciation.
Maybe I can win a rubber stamp from my friend Rach's blog so I can have cute address labels all the time. Check out her giveaway here!
What kind of "old-fashioned" practices would you bloggers like to implement?
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok, so I wrote on a comment on Rachel's blog about how I made this list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. And how I haven't made it public because there is something fun about it being my list that no one else really knows about - but now everyone is blogging about doing things that are on the list and this is one of them.
One item on the list is to send 10 letters via snail mail. So yeah, I totally want to be better at this too!
Looks like I should be expecting something in my mailbox soon ;)
Post a Comment