Background

Monday, June 14, 2010

Puff Pastries

I love Pillsbury Puff Pastries.
Sheets

Today I ate a half of a package. LITERALLY.  I put a whole bunch of ingredients in them & baked them.  Samples of all sorts.  Turkey & Swiss Cheese spirals were awesome.  But really what I loved most were my version of Toaster Strudels.  Somewhere on my own I thought this was a good idea.  Except I should have Googled ideas before I started baking.  Otherwise I would have avoided some errors.  Here's (roughly) what I did:

Homemade Toaster Strudels
  • 1 Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed out at room temperature
  • Jam of choice (I used my homemade strawberry because I'm the pickiest jelly eater ever & this is all I will eat).
  • Sugar Sprinkles
I unfolded the pastry & cut it into even squares.  Then I put about a tablespoon of jam inside several squares. Put another square on top & close with a fork.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Then I baked them for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Here's what I learned after I Googled & found this.  I should have added cornstarch so the jam didn't run out all over.  Dang!  Anywho, it was tasty as crap & I can't wait to make them again & keep all of the jelly inside.  Also, you could freeze it have them for breakfast for several days.  I'm excited to try this again!  Maybe they'll look more like this (and I'll take a picture then too):
Homemade Toaster Strudel

1 comment:

Kari said...

If this is anything like filo dough then I'm a fan! Thanks for sharing these yum yum yum recipes! I like to shave brie cheese and put some raspberry preserves and a little bit of chopped pecans and wrap it in filo dough and bake it until the filo dough is browned and then eat it with crackers. I know this makes me sound like a big fatty, as if I make this for myself often and eat it for a midday snack, but in reality my sister makes it for special occasions so I'm not the only one stuffing my face! Miss you friend!