Background

Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm terrible...

at blogging.  But I swear I will get better.


I've been MIA for a long time.  A really long time.  I've been thinking about blogging for about 5 weeks, but I have been so busy.  A recap of the last four weeks:


1. A trip to NKY to visit Seth's family and see our sweetie sweet nephew Kellen.  He's about 6 months old now (a lot older than this pic) and we've only gotten to see him twice.  I hate living far away.  (I know, it's only 3 hours, but it's about 2 too far).  He has a mohawk:


2. A trip to Minnesota to Young Life's Castaway Club with 50 high school friends.  We had an awesome week.  Perfect weather, great kids, lots of fun, and many students lives changed by the Lord.  Here's my precious cabin, our group pic, & a cute pic one of my girls snapped of Seth & I.  I LOVE doing ministry with him & that we see kids lives changed together.



3. A weekend in Nashville with an old YL kid and his fiancé for some pre-marital counseling.  We got to stay with Seth's BFF Eddie & his wife, Emily, and their dog Blue.  I love them all & wish we could hang out more.  Sadly we have to miss Daniel & Laura's wedding due to our assignment at Timber Wolf & I couldn't be sadder.  I was looking forward to a visit to South Carolina to celebrate our friends and to stay with one of my besties, Shanie Shan.  Here's a photo after our excellent dinner at Big River Grille:

4. And this weekend Seth and I took 6 Castle HS Seniors to Barren River Lake for a camping and boating adventure.  My bomb-dig brother came down from Louisville too & I loved it.  I forgot my camera and don't have any from my YL girlies yet, but we did have an AWESOME time.  Some highlights include: a sweet awesome pontoon boat, equipped with a cd player/radio & a GIANT tube, jumping off 25 ft. cliffs, helping kids experience lots of new things & loving them as they prepare to enter their final year of high school with a mission of change for Christ.  I've been journeying with a group of girls for the last year & several boys in their grade finally met Christ at camp this summer and Seth started a small group with them.  It's so fun that we get to watch kids grow together.  Update:  here's a pic!!

We have spent little time at home, and won't be home for a long time.  I'm not super sad about it, although it is nice at times.  With all of our travels across the country I have realized one thing:
God has called me to love people and to make disciples of Christ.  I am thrilled Seth & I are able to do that together.

For all my Bible Study friends out there: "People are my passion, passion for my people"  :)

No comments: