Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kids are hilarious.

Right now I'm trying to do work in the Bunkhouse at Timber Wolf Lake.  I can't because I'm so distracted with laughter.

There are about 11 little kids here this month and they're all under the age of 10.  Most are like 4.  It's hysterical.  Someone just kicked someone else and two minutes later they're BFF.  Two other 3 year olds are trying to decide who is going to kick the ball.  This is how the conversation is going:
Ella: "I will say go."
Elizabeth: "No, I say go."
Ella: "No, I say when to go."
Elizabeth: "No, you don't say go.  I say go."
Ella: "NO, I will say when you kick it."
Elizabeth: "No, I kick it."

Hilarious.  That went on for like 2.5 minutes.  At least.

I also spent about 15 minutes with a kid named Matthew looking at and counting all of his Silly Bands.  He has like 42 on his tiny 6 year old arm.  Most are dinosaurs, but his favorite animals are wolves and kitties.


All of that to say...I love the innocence of little kids.  They will say anything and talk to anyone.  They befriended each other within 20 minutes of being together and now they always want to play.  They say exactly what they're thinking and they never try to put on a facade.  They never know how to put on a mask.  They are always themselves and they love attention from their parents.  I love that.

It makes me think of the verses where Jesus is with all of the little children and how he loves them just as equally as the adults.  And how He says that those who inherit the kingdom of God will be innocent like the kids.  I love that the Lord loves us, regardless of our knowledge of Him or our dependence on Him.  He will love us regardless.  It's perfect.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Kids are hilarious. I wish we were all that honest and real. Hope you all are having a great time on assignment!