I wrote this blog last week, but forgot to post it...
As a part of our anniversary celebration I begged Seth to take me to a blueberry farm in Southwestern Michigan to pick our own tasty treats. (I actually took him, but either way...) We had an awesome time. I loved it so much and it reminded me of my grandparents house growing up. Seth had never picked berries before and he was astounded at how easy it was and how abundant and accessible the berries were.
We each had a giant bucket and picked over 5lbs each. Total of 11 lbs, plus a box: $17.00. JACKPOT. Here are a few pics:
Yesterday we were driving home from Michigan and I made us stop again to buy some on our way home. The last day of the season is tomorrow, so they did not have as many this time around. We picked a pound (which I've nearly almost eaten today) and bought a 5 lb box. It would have taken a LONG time to get to 5 lbs. I wish I could send these berries to all of my friends because they are SO GOOD! If you are ever in MI in the first week of August you must go picking!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment