Background

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fear

Today I was scanning through the channels during a TV timeout of the UK-Georgia game. I paused on Modern Family, which I've heard many people talk about. The episode was entitled "Fears" and talked about the big fears each character was facing. At one point the dad was having some monologue and said, "we all have these fears that we eventually just get over..." or something close to that. Well, that's what I heard him say at least.

I pondered this and thought about my fear of needles. I am sure that I will have it for the rest of my life. You all, I AM TERRIFIED! So much so that I forget to breathe and pass out and have convulsions. That's right, convulsions. This is not okay and needs to be remedied if I ever want to consider having a kid or something. Seth has suggested hypnosis. And he's dead serious.

I know that is super shallow sounding and I do have some more meaningful fears, but I am reminded of the Lord's protection of us and that we cannot live in fear. But instead we are to live by the Spirit. (Romans 8). Also, Psalm 23 is a comforting reminder that the Lord is always with us:

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."






Also, I feel Spring coming this weekend. Whose with me???

-Jules

1 comment:

jenna said...

I like that I am reading this surrounded by needles getting ready to go draw labs :) ironic. i like you a lot, and i am so ready for spring!