This weekend we found a little wet spot in our carpet next to our back patio doors. I though, "Weird, we must have spilled a drink. Or maybe Blue (Ed & Em's dog) accidentally peed and we didn't notice." I kept thinking it wasn't really a big deal and I'd just blot it out with a rag. Nope, still not better. Then I thought I'd just get out my Little Green Bissle machine and clean it up. Seth started feeling it and started freaking out. This is his standard reaction to anything. Automatically assume the worst. He kept saying, "we've got to pull the carpet up. It's in the padding." Smelled the carpet. Disgusting musty nastiness. Note: we put in all new carpet and such this month last year. I couldn't be more frustrated.
We pull the carpet up and what to we find. Wet floor, wet padding, and the start of MOLD. At this point I'm just having a pout fest. WHY WHY WHY??? Why is this happening?? We've put so much hard work and money into our house over the last year. Things aren't supposed to go wrong already. But then I remembered that's what happens when you own a house. Sometimes things go wrong and you don't know why (we're still trying to get to the root of the problem. Somehow rain/water is coming in through a crack in the patio door frame.)
HOWEVER. As I sit here in my beloved dining room looking through bright sunny windows I must be reminded that we are blessed. SO blessed. The Lord orchestrated the timing so perfectly that we were able to find this place and get it for such a great price. And we are able to have a space big enough to invite Young Life kids and leaders over for campaigners, small groups, leadership, and hang outs. We are so lucky. The Lord has provided and we'll take care of what he's given us. Staying calm and being grateful. :)
3 comments:
we've got ants. i feel your pain. can i call my landlord?
Jen,
I HATE ants. They are everywhere in our house. We even have an exterminator that comes every other month. It's probably because no one lived in our house for two years and everything got really crazy (landscaping). Then the ants took over. About 3 hours ago I found one crawling on my keyboard and lost it. WHY!?!? Why are you on my computer?
Anywho, we tried the home remedies for a while, but it was to no avail and I broke down to pay someone because I figured I'd rather take care of the place in the long run and we clearly weren't helping on our own. GOOD LUCK.
that's no fun jules! i hope you get it figured out (and on the cheap!)
i laughed when you said captain's first reaction to everything is to assume the worst and FA-REEK out. because i can just picture it now...and i'm laughing again.
miss you two and i'm so glad you are a blogger now :)
Post a Comment