Background

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We're Not in College Anymore

If you know anything about me you know that I am a major night owl and despise the mornings.  It is true that I have been called "El Diablo" in the AM by my husband.  Once I kicked my BFF, Ang, in the face for waking me up with singing.  She's so fabulous...I don't even know what possessed me to be such a psycho.
(Bubbie, I promise I'll post a better pic sometime.  This one just makes me laugh so much.  Sometimes, when I miss you, I look at it and smile.)

I do hate songs in the morning, but I think I've matured a little over the last 4 years since we moved out of our sweet Rhodora Ridge abode, and I would not kick or give angry eyes in the morning anymore.  I just love my sweet little bed oh, so much.  It is so cozy.  Who cares if it has a giant crevice in the middle from sleeping in the dead center since I was 10 years old?  Who cares if Seth and I roll to the middle a little?  All I know is that I am turning into one of those people that wants to leave vacation or being out of town to get back home to her own bed.  And my pillow too!  Which I once left in Colorado and got scolded for (because it was not cheap and I bought a new one), and last week left in Lexington and Katie and Kyle's house.  It is a tragedy without the pillow.  I hate what I'm sleeping on now.  I only have to wait two more days until I go to Louisville and get it from my parents house.

Getting on to the title of my blog.  Last night I realized we are so not in college anymore.  I stayed up until 5:15am doing some giant project for my job, trying to get ahead.  It's not fun to stay up late when you aren't hanging out with friends or scrapbooking or having pancake parties.  It's not fun to climb in bed as the paper boy is making his morning rounds around the neighborhood.  (I saw that and I literally thought, "what have I been doing for 6 hours??  I have not moved from my computer desk from 10:30pm to 5:00am.")

All that to say, I miss college.  I miss the freedom of endless hours of hang outs -- in Willy T. Library when we were all screwing around and not studying.  I miss skipping class and sleeping in.  I miss staying up late with my roomies and chatting.  (My current roomie hates the night time and doesn't like to chat until all hours.)  What are some things you post-college grads miss about the free life?


3 comments:

Holly said...

YAY comments! Love you and your blog Jules!

jenna said...

easy. sleeping at night and being awake during the day :) haha BOO night shift!

i like you so much! we get to see Taylor Swift together sooo soon!

Unknown said...

yay for your blog! :) I'm so glad you finally saw the light... I feel like that already now too, even though I'm still in school! student teaching is like having a full-time job + night class + working! I'm in bed by 11pm :( BOO